Are you ready for selling online? This guide will help you sell digital products online and make money. Check out our complete guide to making your online course. allows you to learn these skills online from the experts
Why would you want to make online courses that you can sell?
- Because people are interested in your knowledge and you can make a living from it! Online courses and e-learning are huge opportunities.
- The market for elearning is expected to reach $325 billion by 2025.
- The most recent data we have for 2018, the sales of digital education, e-learning and digital education totalled more than $46 Billion.
- Experts believe that e-learning and online courses will continue to grow in popularity during the pandemic.
Selling online courses is profitable? It is possible to make a profit selling online courses if you have the right numbers and knowledge. Selling online courses can make you money while you sleep if you have a customer base.
Online courses can be used to promote your business and get in touch with your clients. Your online course can be used to communicate the values of your brand. Demonstrate to them that you are better than other people. You’ll be able to build strong relationships and see loyalty and support for your course grow.
It’s possible to make and sell online courses. It is not necessary to be an expert in a particular subject or to have passion for it.
- Choose a topic you are passionate about.
Recent research has shown that 42% of entrepreneurs fail due to the lack of a market for their product. Take a look at the top reasons people buy online courses to get an idea of how they sell.
- Learn more about career changes or starting a new job.
- To improve job prospects, students can get a certificate in a particular subject.
- More education
- Preparation for academic studies
- A simple desire to learn new things.
It’s not surprising that careers are a popular topic in many online courses. Here’s a list of some of the most popular online courses:
- Technology and computers
- Entrepreneurship and business
- Arts and crafts
- Fitness and health
- Lifestyle/personal development
- Coming of age
- Social science
- Mathematical and science.
These are big ideas. These ideas are broad and should be explored.
You could create an online course on how to use social media to market your Etsy shop. You could also teach a course in coding to people just starting out. The next section will help you choose your niche.
- Create Your Online Course
We’ll now discuss the basics of creating an online course. For a more detailed look at how to make online courses, visit our comprehensive guide.
Focus on one topic:
When creating an online course, you need to first focus on the subject matter you are going to teach.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right topic.
- Choose a narrow topic that is focused over a broad topic. A broad topic will attract more people. It is easier to communicate expertise if you are more specific.
- Expert-level knowledge. Expert-level knowledge might not necessarily mean that you are an expert in a particular subject. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be smart, or have the required qualifications.
- Find out who your audience is and what their problems are so you can help them solve them.
Search for the right tools.
Once you have decided what your online course is about, it’s now time to begin making it. It is important to keep your production high. People will pay a lot to attend your class. Your course should be more valuable than the average YouTube video blog.
You’ll need to get started.
- A good camera
- Editing Software
- A Green Screen
- A Script
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a professional setup. You can use whatever tools are available to you. Keep in mind that your audience will often view a more professional product as being more valuable. If you have the money, spend it on yourself.
- Choose an Online Course Selling Platform
Online courses must be accessible via the Internet. Hosting companies should make it easy for users to access the course and allow you to brand it with your logo.
There are three options when it comes to selling and hosting your online course:
- A platform for creating online courses that handles everything the course creator needs.
- Self-hosting. You can hire a hosting company to help you set up your server. This will allow you to sell online courses through your website. Although self-hosting is expensive and can be a bit complicated, it allows you to have full control over your content.
- An online marketplace for selling and buying courses. Hosting your course on a learning platform like Udemy, Masterclass or Masterclass is not an option. You can brand your course on marketplace platforms. These platforms can take up to 50% of your earnings and have strict rules.
- Pricing Strategy
What price should I charge for my Course?
This is the most common question about selling online courses. Pricing is a risky business. It will take some trial-and-error to find the right price.
Once you make and sell regular online courses, you won’t be able to determine the value of a customer over time. You’ll need to do some math first and then you can try it out.
An online course costs anywhere from $5 to $2,000. Your first online course will likely cost between $50-200. It all depends on the topic you choose, who your audience is, and how well-informed you are about the subject.
When setting the price for your online course, think about these things:
- How much does it cost to host, promote, and make the course?
- Competitor pricing
- The income of your target audience. How much do they think they will spend?
You can make payments online for courses you have sold. There are three options. These are:
- You can access the course for your entire life with one payment.
- Lower membership fees (e.g. Monthly payments
- Multiple payments, or a plan that allows people to spread out one-time costs over several payments.
To decide how to pay, think about the people you are selling to. Is it possible for them to pay a high price? Is it possible that they might be more inclined to buy if they don’t have to spend too much upfront?
101labs.net can help you prepare for IT Certification training. This platform allows you to learn from the experts.